MY FIRST BLUSH LGBTQ LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
$1,000 - $1,500 INDIVIDUAL SCHOLARSHIPS
The LGBTQ Leadership Scholarship by My First Blush is a $1,000 to $1,500 grant available for LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and ally) honors students who have taken action to support or advance the rights of the LGBTQ community.
- One (1) $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to the winning applicant.
- One (1) additional $1,000 scholarship may be awarded to the first runner-up contingent upon an exemplary application.
- The scholarship is annual and applications can be re-submitted each year.
- The full amount of the scholarship must be applied towards tuition, books, training materials, and/or costs associated with the recipient's education within 12 months of receiving the award.
- All applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
- All applicants must be attending or accepted into a full-time accredited college or university
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 based on the previous academic year is required.
- Applicants must apply before June 30 of each year.
- My First Blush will contact all scholarship applicants to notify them of results on July 30, 2017. Results will
- Applicants receiving full tuition remission are not eligible to apply (e.g., other full-tuition scholarships, established college trust fund, etc.).
- Applicants must show that they are capable of successfully completing a degree program.
- Winning candidates may be asked to verify transcripts and outstanding claims in applications.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of six months of leadership experience within the LGBTQ community.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS (FOR LGBTQ AND STRAIGHT ALLIES)
- PFLAG — National Scholarship Program (Open applications January - April, awards from $1,000 to $5,000 available)
- LEAGUE Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship (Open applications January - April, multiple awards available)
- Gammu Foundation Scholarships (Open applications March 1 through March 31, awards from $1,000 - $2,500 available)
- Pride Foundation (Deadline January 11, one application is eligible for over 50 awards)
- FinAid.org (Various deadlines, various amounts)